Bringing a burst of energy, ideas and arts to the city, Perth International Arts Festival provides a unique moment in our year to experience outstanding work by the leading artists and thinkers from our region and across the globe.
Celebrating the role that artists play creating extraordinary ways for us to see, understand and re-imagine our world, we will curate an international program of free and ticketed events, of exceptional quality, across all art forms, in venues, outdoors, online and in unexpected places.
We will present innovative arts experiences and create surprising events to engage the widest possible audience.
We are committed to:
- presenting and commissioning work by the world’s leading visionary artists;
- raising the profile of Western Australian artists by presenting their work in the context of the international arts festival;
- creating opportunities for dynamic exchanges between Australian and international artists; and
- building a diverse and engaged audience by creating projects with the community that will resonate with the lives of people living in Western Australia.
Inspired by a sense of place, the same characteristics that define Perth and Western Australia will distinguish our festival. We will explore:
- Our stories;
- Our rich Indigenous culture;
- Our splendid isolation;
- Our central position on the Indian Ocean Rim;
- Our climate and natural environment; and
- Our diverse cultural community.
Perth International Arts Festival will be a big, bold adventure for all of us. Responding to the ideas of the world’s great artists and the daring work they make, we will embrace and celebrate the broadest definition of culture.
We will present projects in our venues, on our streets, on our beaches, in parklands and in hidden corners of our built and natural environment, transforming our city and our regions into a stage.