Work With Us
The Perth International Arts Festival relies on attracting the very best staff and artists from around the world each year.
We employ more than 100 staff and contract even more individual artists and companies annually. Our staff members may be permanent or may be employed on a part-time, casual or contract basis. We regularly support work experience, secondment and volunteer work opportunities. Our artists and artistic companies may be contracted for a single event, a season, a program, or they may even be commissioned to produce new work for presentation at the Festival.
We encourage your involvement in your Festival.
If you wish to apply for any of the roles listed below, please ensure you email an up-to-date CV and cover letter to [email protected]
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
If you have any questions regarding any of the roles listed below, please contact Jessica Blackwell, HR & Support Services Manager on 6488 8622.
Head of Finance
Bringing a burst of energy, ideas and arts to the city, Perth International Arts Festival provides a unique moment in our year to experience outstanding work by the leading artists and thinkers from our region and across the globe. PIAF has a great past and an exciting future, with a dynamism and ambition which reflects the current energy and growth in Western Australia. We are seeking expressions of interest from collaborative, experienced Finance managers to join PIAF’s executive team as our Head of Finance.
This is a diverse and interesting role, working closely with an experienced senior leadership team and leading a strong finance team to ensure the financial success of the 2018 Festival. Reporting to the Executive Director, the key areas of responsibility include:
- Financial management of the 2018 Festival, including overseeing accounting systems, budget processes, cost control and record keeping
- Working closely with each Festival department to meet their finance needs whilst building awareness of best-practice financial process
- Overseeing a capable Finance Team including a Finance Manager, Accountant and Finance Officer to ensure all financial responsibilities for PIAF are met
- Timely and accurate financial reporting to the Executive Director, the University of Western Australia (UWA), the PIAF Board and Committees
- Managing all audits for PIAF in partnership with the appointed UWA and external Auditors
- Supporting with the financial requirements for grant and sponsorship acquittals, providing information, data and figures as required
- Overseeing the development and evaluation of effective contract systems in close collaboration with the UWA Legal team and relevant PIAF departments
The ideal candidate for this position will be CA or CPA qualified and experienced in providing financial reports to senior management and Boards. They will have an interest in the arts and/or events and will enjoy working collaboratively across departments to achieve financial objectives. An exceptional level of attention to detail and a proven track record of effective cost control will be essential to their success in this critical role.
This position will commence in June 2017 and will initially be engaged as a fixed term appointment to August 2018. Interviews will be conducted via Skype and in person in May 2017.
Salary will be negotiated commensurate with skills and experience.
Applications close 15 May 2017
If you have any questions regarding this role, please contact Jessica Blackwell, HR & Governance Manager on 6488 8622.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE